King William's Bridge Refurbishment, Anstey
About the project
The bridge is a Grade II Listed structure, with the original structure dating from probably the early 17th Century. The bridge’s name derives from its use in 1696 when it was widened in order to carry the Coach and horses of King William III and his entourage, over Rothley Brook on their way to Bradgate House to visit the Grey Family.
- Leicester City Council
- Project value
- 10 weeks in two phases
Key aims and challenges
Our work involved the re-pointing, in traditional soft lime mortar, the parapets, arches and cutwaters following re-strengthening, remedial works as well as the replacement of the cobble stone paving also on a lime mortar bed.
How did we do?
The works were completed on time, on budget and with sensitivity to the bridge's rural setting.
Click the on the thumbnails to enlarge, and to see additional information.