Site Agent - Northants / Beds / MK
About the role
We are a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands, who is experiencing ongoing growth. Due to this increasing level of business, an opportunity has arisen for a Site Agent to join our team, based in the Northamptonshire / Bedfordshire / Milton Keynes area.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate with solid site management experience within the field of civil engineering, who is looking to further their career within an established and successful company.
If you’re a site management professional with excellent leadership skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to thrive with a leading company boasting multiple ISO accreditations.
Joining a resourceful and dedicated team, this is a fantastic chance for a high calibre individual to take responsibility for the future success of a variety of engaging projects.
As a Site Agent, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of site projects
- Striving to exceed customers’ expectations and deliver an outstanding level of service
- Co-ordinating and supervising site based activities
- Ensuring that all health and safety, as well as quality and environmental procedures are adhered to
- Identifying the resources required to successfully complete projects in a timely manner, including labour, plant materials and subcontractor
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved and keeping customers updated with project progress.
- Preparing a cost plan for projects, monitoring budgets and creating contracts and construction programmes
- Compiling and presenting a monthly review that reflects the forecast level of project gross margins
What we're looking for
Organised and analytical, as a Site Agent, you must have outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional time-management and problem-solving abilities are also key.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least five years’ site management experience
- Strong working knowledge of highway works, including reinstatements, deep and shallow drainage, bridgeworks and other general civil engineering works
- The ability to identify and assess contract risks (in all formats) and prepare method statements and safe systems of work
- An HND qualification or degree in civil engineering
- At a minimum, a supervisory level CSCS card
- NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor card
- A full UK driving license
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, attractive benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. We have been established in the construction industry for 45 years and are financially stable.
How to apply
Danaher & Walsh is an equal opportunities employer.