About the role
We are a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands, who is experiencing ongoing growth. Due to this increasing level of business, an opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate with solid quantity surveying experience within the field of civil engineering, who is looking to further their career within an established and successful company.
Joining a company with multiple ISO accreditations, you will benefit from a fantastic working environment and outstanding training to further enhance your areas of expertise.
This role is primarily office-based, though site visits will be often required.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to:
- Be responsible for providing effective financial and contractual support on our client’s projects.
- Strive to maximise profitability by identifying ways to reduce costs or add value to projects.
- Place and oversee all subcontract work packages within contracts, liaising with the Estimating Team to negotiate the best possible rates.
- Manage the quantum spend of all subcontractors by performing monthly measures against claimed invoices.
- Provide support to the Site Agents and Engineers by identifying varied and additional works, as well as assisting with the production of final accounts.
- Maintain records and produce a monthly measure for each project
- Produce monthly reports for the Contracts Manager
- Reconcile and price variation orders
- Keep up-to-date with developments in quantity surveying
What we're looking for
To be considered for this role, you must have previous quantity surveying experience gained within a civil engineering environment.
Logical and highly numerate, as a Quantity Surveyor, you must be a deadline-driven team player with strong judgement and decision making abilities. Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills are also key.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- An HND qualification in Civil Engineering or Chartered Surveyors (RICS) degree in quantity surveying.
- Good IT skills
- An ICES or AcostE membership would also be advantageous
- An understanding of NEC, ICE and JCT contract conditions
- An understanding of MOM and CESMM measurement methods.
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, attractive benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. We have been established in the construction industry for 45 years and are financially stable.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter via the application form below.
Danaher & Walsh is an equal opportunities employer.