About the role
We are a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands and East Anglia, which is experiencing ongoing growth. Due to this increasing level of business, an opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join our team.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate with solid experience in an estimating role, preferably with previous site experience within the field of civil engineering, who is looking to further their career within an established and successful company.
If you’re a civil engineering professional with excellent leadership skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to thrive with a leading company boasting multiple awards and accreditations. Joining a resourceful and dedicated team, this is a fantastic chance for a high calibre individual to take responsibility for multiple designated tenders to ensure the business secures the requisite level of profitable workload required to meet its targets.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with all clients and proactively interact about new and existing pipeline and tender opportunities
- Leading the pricing activities on multiple designated tenders on a first principles basis
- Ensure that all tender packs are submitted in a full and timely manner, exceeded client expectations whenever possible
- Successfully winning the requisite amount of work to meet the company’s targets and objectives
- Ensuring that the tender handover meetings are conducting in a timely and effective manner following notification of award
What we're looking for
Organised and analytical, as an Estimator, you must have outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional time-management and problem-solving abilities are also key.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least five years’ proven management experience preferably in an estimating position within the Civil Engineering industry
- Preferred previous experienced in a site-based position
- The ability to identify commercial opportunities and risks
- A demonstrable knowledge of highway works, drainage, bridgeworks and other general civil engineering works
- Commercial, contractual, programme, and CDM demonstratable awareness
- Excellent computer literacy and be able to use IT to the levels required for the position including but not limited to Causeway estimating software and the Microsoft office suite
- The ability to review and challenge tender prices and offer compliant alternative methods and/or products
- An HND, HNC, or degree qualification in a relevant construction related discipline
- A current CSCS card
- A full UK driving license
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, attractive benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. We have been established in the construction industry for over 50 years and are financially stable.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter via the online application form below.
No agencies please.
Danaher & Walsh is an equal opportunities employer.