Civil Engineering Project Planner
About the role
We are a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands and East Anglia, experiencing ongoing growth. Due to this increasing level of business, an opportunity has arisen for a Civil Engineering Project Planner to join our team.
This role would suit an ambitious candidate with solid experience in a planning role, preferably with previous site experience within the field of civil engineering, who is looking to further their career within an established and successful company.
If you’re a civil engineering professional with excellent communication skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to thrive with a leading company boasting multiple ISO accreditations.
Joining a resourceful and dedicated team, this is a fantastic chance for a high calibre individual to take responsibility for the planning function of the business by way of working alongside the estimating and delivery teams to ensure the business secures and delivers the requisite level of profitable workload required to meet its targets.
As a Civil Engineering Project Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the estimating and delivery teams (operational and commercial), engaging in a purposeful and well organised manner
- Identifying the planning scope including constraints; major quantities and contract requirements
- Preparing, reviewing and maintaining fully resourced programmes including appraising the outcomes for conformance with expectations and requirements
- Preparing visual material in support of planned methods
- Preparing resource schedules for appraisal at tender reviews and on an ongoing basis for secured contracts
- Assisting by providing the requisite information in relation to progress reports, project delays and forecasting
- Contributing to the coaching, supporting and formal training of other team members
What we're looking for
As a Planner, you must be organise and analytical. You must have outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional time-management and problem-solving abilities are also key.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least five years’ proven management experience in a planning position within the civil engineering industry
- Preferred previous experienced in a site-based position
- A good understanding of various methods of planning; programming and progress monitoring
- The ability to identify programme and commercial opportunities and risks
- A demonstrable knowledge of highway works, drainage, bridgeworks and other general civil engineering works including methods of construction
- Commercial, contractual and CDM awareness
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to use IT to the levels required for the position, including but not limited to Microsoft Project software
- The ability to review and challenge sequencing and methodology and offer compliant alternative methods and/or products
- An HND, HNC or degree qualification in a relevant construction-related discipline
- A current CSCS card
- A full UK driving license
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, attractive benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. We have been established in the construction industry for over 50 years and are financially stable.
How to apply
Danaher & Walsh is an equal opportunities employer.