About the role
We are a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands and East Anglia, which is experiencing ongoing growth. Due to this increasing level of business, an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Estimator to join our team.
This brand new role would suit an ambitious candidate with previous experience working within the field of civil engineering, who is looking to further their career within an established and successful company.
As an Assistant Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the estimating team in the preparation of bids and tenders
- Compiling and submitting supply chain enquiries
- Setting-up estimates using our Causeway estimating software
- Carrying out take-offs and measurements
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records
What we're looking for
Organised and analytical, as an Assistant Estimator, you must have outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal. Exceptional time-management and problem-solving abilities are also key.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- An HND, HNC, or degree qualification in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or similar
- Previous experience in the civil engineering industry
- Commercial acumen
- Demonstrable knowledge of highway works, drainage, bridgeworks and other general civil engineering works
- Familiarity with construction contracts
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Excellent computer literacy and be able to use IT to the levels required for the position
- A current CSCS card
- A full UK driving license
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, attractive benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. We have been established in the construction industry for over 50 years and are financially stable.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter via the online application form below.
No agencies please.
Danaher & Walsh is an equal opportunities employer.